Monday, October 3, 2016

First Stop: The Color Purple By Alice Walker


Image result for the color purple


A literary merit is more than the College Board definition, which is canon that has been praised for years or maybe only a few years or many. A literary merit continues to live on through its characters, story, and scenes. More importantly it takes you on a journey. A journey that is insightful, eye opening, and impactful; that when you are done you wish you could go back, but also you feel amazed and proud to be a part of that journey. My first stop on my voyage, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, is a perfect definition of a literary merit. College Board would accept because it is a work that has been praised and accepted for many years by experts. It also has been suggested to use on many of the free response essay prompts AP Literature and Composition. However, not only is it canon, but it is a story that ever since I finished reading it continues to live on in my mind. The adventure I embarked on was like no other. From Cecile to Shug Avery to Nettie the characters continue to live on inside of me. The journey was amazing. Being taken back to the past of when African- Americans were free, but were still oppressed and getting of sense of how it was at that time through a work of fiction just fascinates me as I was reading. From The South in America to Liberia, I experienced many cultures and met many wonderful characters. The trip was insightful and eye opening; it gave me a view of how strong women could be at the time period and also the lives of Africans- Americans and Africans in Africa and how they were both affected by racism at that time. It impacted me in away that it got me thinking about my life. The journey was beautiful, and every flip of the page there was an amazing scenery to be looked upon. During my stay at this stop I experienced an astonishing journey, and that is what makes it a literary merit. It was a breathtaking journey that I will continue to replay as I recall my memories of my first stop. It is sad to depart from this stop and began traveling to the next stop, but this stop has already got my excited for my other stops. For anyone traveling and looking for where to go next, The Color Purple is a wonderful travel to the past and to many different countries. And if anyone is looking for a novel that is a literary merit The Color Purple is definitely an amazing choice that you should may be check out. Now that I have finished the first stop I’m on to the next, but first I am resting, however, very soon there will be another one. I do have something in mind to give you a hint it is related to Asia or maybe even be Asia.

If any one is interested in movies or would like to watch it after reading the book, here is a sneak peek (trailer) for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment