Friday, September 16, 2016

What Kind of Reader am I?



What Kind of Reader am I ?


For my AP Language and Composition assignment, I had to read a series of titles of books and mark the titles either by highlighting, starring or marking them with IR( Independent Reading). As I was reading through the list, I realized that I have not read much books on the list and if I have they were school- assigned books. For the independent reading I marked 78 titles and I highlighted six titles and starred 8 titles. The reason why I marked IR for the titles is because they grabbed my attention and based on the title seemed like an interesting book to read; I highlighted the six titles that I read before and I felt that if I were to write an essay about it I would do fine. The starred ones are the ones read too and I could be able to write about it if I were to refresh my memory on the book. The kind of reader I am is someone who enjoys the adventures of the pages as I read through, but when the journey ends my memory of the fun I had fades. I enjoy the adventure that brings my imagination on a journey, the action that keeps me from putting down the book, and the history that brings me back to the past. I looked at the titles with interested and, as you can see, wanted to read a bunch of them. I wanted to restart my adventure and remember the times of my past journeys. A little spark inside me arose with excitement to read, but I also reminded myself that I have read very little. Based on the assignment I created a goal to start reading more books. As I enjoy one of the 78 titles I want to not only enjoy the book but like any trip, experience it, learning and understanding the culture, language, and history of the book. To do that I need to read with a critical eye and analyze carefully when reading. My voyage will take a long time, but during the voyage there is a series of small trips of books, and I will happily enjoy each literary work I read.

3 comments:

  1. I feel you on this. I typically hate reading because its usually forced but when I find a good book that I like I find it hard to put it down. I would like to read more and venture out into the world of literature but its difficult to find a good read that wont make me bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was just as excited to read just as you are! I was the same at some point of time I stopped reading as much but its never too late to start again. Good luck with reading those 78 books!

    ReplyDelete